Certificates FAQs

Created by Matilda Afi Mawushie Honyah, Modified on Tue, 06 Sep 2022 at 03:50 PM by Matilda Afi Mawushie Honyah

Q.How to order a certificate?

A: Visit  nsscertificate.com to make a request.

Q. What to do if  your NSS number is  not found on the website.?

A: Kindly visit your regional office or national headquarters with a valid national ID and/or any NSS documents.

Q: What is the cost of delivery for a certificate?

A: The delivery cost is generated by the system and it will be displayed at the payment section. No payment section means delivery is free.

Q:What do I do if my payment cannot be verified.?

A: Provide your full name and nss number and proof of payment in the form of a ticket for assistance. Link to create a ticket : https://support.nss.gov.gh/

Q:Can the destination address  for a certificate be changed?

A: No please. You can authorize someone to take on your behalf at the original destination provided.

Q: What do I do if I have misplaced my certificate?

A: Visit your regional office or national headquarters with the following documents: 

  • A police report

  • A letter requesting for a new certificate 

  • A fee of GHC150

Q: I have not received the soft copy my certificate

A: Create a ticket with your NSS Number and an active email that the soft copy can be sent to. Link to create a ticket : https://support.nss.gov.gh/

Q: I cannot open the soft copy/I did not receive the password for the soft copy

A: Password format for the soft copy is YYYY/MM/DD/SURN where YYYY/MM/DD represents the year, month and day of your date of birth respectively and SURN representing the first four letters of your surname in caps. Eg. your date of birth is 1st May, 1998 and your surname is Yeboah, your password will be 19980501YEBO. 

If this still doesn’t work, kindly create a ticket with your full name, index number and attach a copy of your national ID for further assistance. 

Link to create a ticket : https://support.nss.gov.gh/

Exemption of Service Certificate

Q:How do I apply for an exemption of service certificate?

A:Kindly send the following documents to the national headquarters:  

  • A letter requesting for NSS Exemption Certificate

  • A copy of school Certificate or Transcript

  • A copy of Birth Certificate

  • A copy of any National ID

  • A fee of GHC1000

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article